Saturday, September 08, 2007

Don't Know Eschatology

You scored as Moltmannian Eschatology, Jürgen Moltmann is one of the key eschatological thinkers of the 20th Century. Eschatology is not only about heaven and hell, but God's plan to make all things new. This should spur us on to political and social action in the present.

Moltmannian Eschatology

100%

Amillenialist

95%

Preterist

65%

Premillenialist

45%

Postmillenialist

45%

Dispensationalist

15%

Left Behind

15%

What's your eschatology?
created with QuizFarm.com

This is all, quite honestly, a mess. While it is probably indicative of my eschatology, I would like to offer up my reservations about how much "political action" I think one should be involved in as a Christian. I do not believe the kingdom of God is waiting upon us to shoulder our way into power again, as the Church once enjoyed. That kind of power, we know, is corruptive - it is still true that God's kingdom is not of this world.

P.S.: Don't really know much about Moltmann and his beliefs, so I'm not terribly comfortable being identified with a Moltmannian eschatology. Then again, since I am ignorant, it might just peg me.

P.P.S.: In all fairness, I would also like to add that a few short years ago, this table would have been completely reversed.

HT: The Southern Conservative

No comments: