Sunday, September 16, 2007

Thirty-Seven? You've Gotta Be ******** Me!

It's true. Today. I've never been one to broadcast my birthday, but I'm changing all that. I want you to share in my joy.
     It's been a busy, prayerful, work-full weekend. Some of you were a large part of my weekend, though you don't know it. And having you in my heart has made it more joyful, even while I am mourning with some of you.
     However, this birthday weekend (I may go on and claim the whole week) has not only been wonderful because of your unwitting participation in it, or in that I'm nearing the age of dirt, but because of the weather: Today it was 75. Gorgeous. Yesterday was about the same. I feel like I can live again - that Outside is not discomfort and sweat and oppression, but beautiful creation. I'm no longer holed up like The Omega Man. Glory to God for blue skies and cool breezes. It has been heart-wonderful getting out into. Lovely.
     My inordinate preoccupation with weather out of the way, I do know that there are bigger concerns for some of you than birthdays and beautiful skies. For those of you whose needs I am aware of, know that I have been praying for you, hurting with you. You are loved. And you are not alone.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Btw, that isn't my cake. I heterodoxically, but remorselessly, chose pie.

Dan said...

Happy Birthday, brother! I knew it was coming up, but I'd forgotten the exact date. Incidentally, I can't hold anything against you for picking pie over cake. I'm caked out, and a good fruit pie is always hard to beat. Though you are in the south now, so maybe it was a cream pie. Inquiring minds want to know...

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts--it means a lot to me, and this week has been one in which I've leaned on the love of friends and family, and will continue to do so for quite some time, I suspect.

But this too shall pass.

Alison Hodgson said...

Happy Birthday. Welcome to 37.

I too chose pie.

owenswain said...

Happy Birthday man. Try 47 soon to be 48 and then see how you feel. :) ::thrive! O

luminousmiseries.ca | onionboy.ca

Unknown said...

Apple. : )