Friday, April 04, 2008

Glory to God

Glory to God for Imitrex. I'm still struggling through this headache - Day 3 or 4? Last night was killer, so much so that I went to my precious stockpile of drugs for terrible temporal pain. (Only one past-due-date Imitrex left!) Killer became killer-er as I stubbornly refused to turn off the movie I was watching. And not because it was a masterpiece, but because I wanted to send it back to Netflix this morning.

He he he. I probably deserve the pain for being such an idiot.

The movie was Into the Wild, and I felt like I was dying with Mr. Supertramp. My eyes were watering from the pain - not tears, you understand. I wanted to shout at the TV: "Give me some of those poisonous wild potato seeds, Wolf Boy!" Man, medicinal marijuana never sounded so good.

Maybe I make stupid decisions like this because I'm hanging on too tightly to nighttime being my time, with all the kids in bed. Or it might could be that I just ain't too bright, coz.

"Last night, however, won't be repeated," he says with, perhaps, a modicum of resolve.

By the way, the medicine didn't work as fast as I'd have liked. But while I went to bed in what felt like my death throes, I woke up feeling brand-spanking new. And that makes even a nearly thirty dollar pill seem worth the price.

2 comments:

Alison Hodgson said...

"Maybe I make stupid decisions like this because I'm hanging on too tightly to nighttime being my time, with all the kids in bed."

Soooooo understand that. And yet, it's not bright to set myself up for an exhausting day with the kids.

I'm glad you are feeling better. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Alison. I am feeling better, if a bit hollow (where the pain was) and tired.