Friday, February 17, 2006

The Gospel of St. Avery

My yellow-haired child crawled up into the bay window and picked up my Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament (placed there by the raccoon). The raccoon, using a stool, followed her into the window.

Avery then crossed her legs and said, "I'm going to read you a story, Baby Will."

Will sat down criss-cross-applesauce and listened as Miss A, in her platform shoes, translated the Greek scriptures for him. He grunted affirmingly in all the appropriate places.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I have kids I hope they are half as funny as yours!

Jamie Dawn said...

You should become a minister. You have a built-in congregation right there. Will knows when to "amen" in the right places, and Avery is a natural born teacher. I guess that gift comes from her mommy.

Jen said...

These stories are incredibly entertaining. I haven't figured out this pet-raccoon thing that you apparently have going on, but I'll keep reading.

Unknown said...

Jen - Thanks for stopping by. I call my son "the raccoon" sometimes because he gets in the trash so often (egg shells and coffee grinds are the favs). His name is Will; he's 20 months.

Jamie Dawn said...

Jesus loves raccoons too!

Anonymous said...

Cute!