Friday, October 07, 2005

Sans Teeth . . . Sans Everything

I went to the dentist yesterday to replace a filling that had fallen out. They replaced it and told me I didn't have to come back till spring. That sounded so nice. So nice.

So today I was eating a Tootsie Roll when half-way through it I realized it had ripped my lonely crown out - yeah, the one I got in June. I guess the re-crowning ceremonies will have to wait till Monday since all my dentists are at seminars today. I hope they learn how to make better cement.

Somewhere, in all her enameled splendor, the Tooth Fairy laughs uncontrollably, squirting milk out of her nose.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Oh my, is there an epidemic of tooth loss going on here? LOL

I suffered through an extraction recently as well. I forgot to put it under my pillow though...
:(

Jamie Dawn said...

You deserve something from the Tooth Fairy now.
You'll have to ask your wife to put one of those dollar coins under your pillow.

Anonymous said...

I was the victim of Poppycock. Tell me there is not a joke in there somewhere. New crown, no cash, bloodshot left eye.