Friday, January 13, 2006

Excreta! Excreta! Read All About It!

As a stay-at-home dad, one of the things I hate is messes. Why? Because I am naturally lazy and it makes work. Because I'd rather be sailing. Because it is the instant interruption of anything I'm doing (blogging, writing, freelancing, cleaning, napping, being fed grapes while being fanned, placing bets, getting pedicures, etc.). It makes me boil. So I get anxious around mealtimes, knowing (the absolute knowledge kind of knowing) that I will have to clean up a spill: cheesy pasta, sugary milk and soggy cereal squishies, juice, peanut butter smears, jelly glops, bread crusts, crumbs, SpaghettiOs, or whatever may be on the menu.

It's so . . . out of control.


Recently my little raccoon has taken to biting. He mainly bites the yellow-haired child - who takes things from him or tries to enforce her queenly rule over him - so my concern is not all that great at this point. All the same, I may lay off reading the Thomas Harris novels to him at bedtime.

1 comment:

Jamie Dawn said...

Your little fella is just protecting himself from his big sister's tyranny. What choice does he have?

------
Update on my trip to NC: I will by flying in on Monday and seeing my doc on Tuesday, the 31. If I need surgery, it will be done on Thursday, and my hubby will fly in once we know what's happening. I don't think it will work out for us to meet you and your family. I don't feel comfortable meeting anyone by myself, so I guess we will have to wait until another time. The only possibility will be that Wednesday evening, if my hubby flies in that afternoon. I'll let you know should that be the case, and we can play it by ear.
If it works out, great. If not, that's okay too.
Hope your weekend is a goodie!