Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sleep: The Great Discombobulator

I fell asleep on the couch watching TV, apparently. I don't remember. But I did wake up on the couch as one of my children, who shall remain unnamed, came into the living room and sat in the recliner. I was casually interested. I began to close my eyes again.

Then she got up and started to do the pee-pee dance next to the chair.

She looked very nervous.

I woke up at once, sat up, and told her to go to the toilet.

She left the room, but it didn't sound as if she kept walking toward the bathroom.

As I rounded the corner into her bedroom, I saw her halfway up the ladder on the bunk bed.

"[Hey, You]," I said. "Get into the bathroom!" I pulled her down and gently directed her toward the toilet.

As she began to pee, she seemed to gather her wits. I left her with a gentle reminder to climb into bed when she was finished.

No comments: