Tuesday, May 08, 2007

St Athanasius

Since May 2, the feast day of St Athanasius the Great (Bishop of Alexandria), I have been hushed by this icon. Even yet, I don't have anything to say about it because I'm not sure what needs to be said about it, if anything. But this saint, this brother, has hold of my attention and my lips and won't let go of them. There are comments I would like to make about my current meditation, about Athanasius, and about so many other things happening in my spiritual life right now. I just don't know how to proceed, or if I should.

2 comments:

~pen~ said...

just hang out :)

MMajor Fan said...

I love him! And just think, that sweet man was the Roman Empire's "most wanted" criminal for almost all of his 47 years as bishop, by four different Roman emperors, driven into exile 5 times. His writings are so beautiful. His writings attest to devotion to Mary in the 4th century without taking anything from the preeminence of Jesus Christ.