Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Bikinis in Boots

Looking out the window from my upstairs office, I noticed the yellow-haired child running around in her stars-and-stripes bikini and her robin-egg-blue snow boots.

I wish I had my camera with me.

The kids wanted to head down to the lake to go swimming. And yes, even in North Carolina the water is still too cold to swim in. But there are some things that children learn only from experience.

It was nearly 80 degrees outside. The water was nearer 60. They were in the water briefly when Sophie said she stepped on something, or that something big (like a fish) was nibbling at her toes. Then the yellow-haired child said she stepped on something too, and that it was a dead body.

So Laura let them play five more minutes around the corpse before loading them up into the van.

I was home with Jack Henry, sorry that I missed the whole adventure.

No comments: