Sunday, April 15, 2007

Jesus, I Trust in Thee

O Lord, behold here before You a soul who exists in this world in order to allow You to exercise Your admirable mercy and manifest it before heaven and earth. Others may glorify You through their faithfulness and perseverance, thus making evident the power of Your grace. How sweet and generous You are to those who are faithful to You!

Nevertheless, I will glorify You by acquainting others of Your goodness to sinners and by reminding them that Your mercy is above all malice, that nothing can exhaust it, and that no relapse, no matter how shameful or criminal, should allow the sinner to despair of forgiveness.

I have offended You grievously, O Beloved Redeemer, but it would be still worse if I were to offend You by thinking that You were lacking in goodness to forgive me. I would rather He deprive me of everything else than the trust I have in Your mercy.

Should I fall a hundred times or should my crimes be a hundred times worse that they are, I would continue to trust in Your mercy. Amen.

(A Divine Mercy Prayer)

Psalm 118,2-4.13-15.22-24

Let the house of Israel say: God's love endures forever.
Let the house of Aaron say, God's love endures forever.
Let those who fear the LORD say, God's love endures forever.
I was hard pressed and falling, but the LORD came to my help.
The LORD, my strength and might, came to me as savior.
The joyful shout of deliverance is heard in the tents of the victors: "The LORD's right hand strikes with power;
The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone.
By the LORD has this been done; it is wonderful in our eyes.
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice in it and be glad.

No comments: