Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Take This Heart and Make It Break

I watched an interview with Brad Pitt last night. I was looking forward to it because of his promotion of the One Campaign, which I support. The interview, however, tried to appeal to our hunger for tabloid trash - interspersing it with clips of children dying of AIDS and living in extreme poverty. It was bathetic. I would be in tears hearing and seeing the stories of these children and then Diane Sawyer would ask something like, "So is Angelina Jolie a homewrecker?"

I'm currently listening to "Yahweh" from U2's How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. (The title of this post is the last line of that song.) It needs to become our prayer, I believe. When our hearts become as hardened as ours have become, we are in danger of being satiric subplots in the Story of God. I refuse to be a character in an Anthony Trollope novel.

No comments: